Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Article of the Week – Kevin Kline “Social Media Scene”

This weeks article is written by Kevin Kline, which is titled “Getting Up-to-Speed on the SQL Server Social Medial Scene”.  This article is published in the latest edition of Database Trends and Applications.  In the article Kevin discusses the new social media or networking sites that are available.  Kevin discusses his initial skepticism about social networking, and how the tools could be a great way to “dither away some valuable time.  However, as he suggests, they can provide great value-add by means of connecting with other individuals and at the very least, see what everyone else is up to.  I to had my own concerns about social networking, similar to what Steve Jones posts in his blog posting about Face Book

After poking around on Face Book, I realized that it was a great tool that allowed me to connect with other people that share my many interests.  A great example for me is how it helped my spread the word about our recent SQL Saturday.  Kevin discusses several other social networking tools like, Twitter and Linked In.  I have not become part of the Twitter wave, but I am looking into joining.  When you have sometime go and read the article.

http://www.dbta.com/Articles/Columns/SQL-Server-Drill-Down/Getting-Up-to-Speed-on-the-SQL-Server-Social-Media-Scene-56042.aspx

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment